Occassionally individuals, companies, etc. have items that may be of use to the Northeast Iowa Council that they no longer have need of or want to get rid of and are still useful. If you have new items or gently used items that you would like to donate to the Northeast Iowa Council please contact the Council Service Center at 563-556-4343.
Useful items might be lumber, electrical supplies, photography supplies, darkroom equipment, plumbing supplies, grass cutting and trimming equipment as well as items for use in our handicraft areas at Camp C. S. Klaus. Arts and craft items are always needed for our Cub Scouting programs that include Cub Day Camp, Roundtables as well as Pack and Den activities.
The Council will give you a letter Thanking You for the donation and you can discuss the value of the items with your tax person or accountant as to the value of the item that you can deduct from your annual tax returns.
Thank you in advance for considering the Northeast Iowa Council - Boy Scouts of America with your gifts.
Items we are Currently Looking For...
For at Camp C.S. Klaus:
- Contact Aaron Seier (Camp Klaus Properties Chairman) for more information.
- Building materials for upcoming projects (especially treated dimensional lumber, plywood, rebar, hardened bolts and general fastening hardware.)
- Treated wood for building new tent platforms and outriggers. Rebar for concrete projects.
- Railroad ties or large treated posts (for trail maintenance and steps)
- T-posts and fencing wire (for fixing fences on property lines)
- Professional services... construction, fire equipment inspection, electrical and plumbing, kitchen equipment servicing, tree trimming and removal, small engine/lawn mower repair, etc.
- Grounds maintenance materials (new shovels, picks, loppers, bow-saws, wheel-barrows, chain-saws, weed whips, weed killer, etc.)
- Summer camp program materials: art supplies, indoor and outdoor games, cleaning supplies, good push brooms, etc.
For at Camp Burton:
- Contact Mike Roling (Camp Burton Caretaker) for more information.
- List to come...
For at the Council Service Center:
- Picnic table for Council Service Center